The Apple iPhone 6 was launched with the iOS 8 platform. Everyone was very excited about the software as it was the advanced version of iOS 7, but as soon as it was officially released the people have started pulling the hairs out of their head. There were numerous problems and the biggest of all was the Wi-Fi problem. It has became so popular that a thread name ‘WiFried’ was created. This came to Apple’s notice and they released the iOS 8.1 update and then, iOS 8.2 and now, iOS 8.3 is here.
The iOS 8.3 was released yesterday and this is a very crucial update as it has promised to bring a lot of new changes and in here a lot means really a lot.
Apple has promised these update which are mentioned in this toggle box below.
[toggle title=”iOS 8.3 Features by Apple” expanded=”in”]
This release includes improved performance, bug fixes, and a redesigned Emoji keyboard. Changes include:
Improved performance for:
• App launch
• App responsiveness
• Control Center
• Safari tabs
• 3rd-party keyboards
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Simplified Chinese keyboard
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth fixes
• Fixes an issue where you could be continuously prompted for login credentials
• Addresses an issue where some devices disconnect intermittently from Wi-Fi networks
• Fixes an issue where hands-free phone calls could become disconnected
• Fixes an issue where audio playback could stop working with some bluetooth speakers
Orientation and rotation fixes
• Addresses an issue that sometimes prevented rotating back to portrait after having rotated to landscape
• Improves performance and stability issues that occurred when rotating the device between portrait and landscape
• Fixes an issue where device orientation appeared upside down after pulling the iPhone 6 Plus from your pocket
• Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented apps from rotating to correct orientation after switching apps in multitasking
• Address issues that caused group messages to sometimes split
• Fixes an issue that sometimes removed the ability to forward or delete individual messages
• Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented a preview from appearing when taking a photo in Messages
• Adds the ability to report junk messages directly from the Messages app
• Adds the ability to filter out iMessages that are not sent by your contacts
Family Sharing fixes
• Fixes a bug where certain apps would not launch or update on family members’ devices
• Fixes a bug that prevented family members from downloading certain free apps
• Increased reliability for Ask to Buy notifications
• Fixes an issue where Maps could come up as a black screen
• Fixes an issue where the UI could be incorrectly rotated
• Fixes an issue where the keyboard could appear on the CarPlay screen when it shouldn’t
• Improves reliability of installing and updating enterprise apps
• Corrects the time zone of Calendar events created in IBM Notes
• Fixes a problem that could cause web clip icons to become generic after restarting
• Improves reliability of saving the password for a web proxy
• Exchange out-of-office message can now be edited separately for external replies
• Improves recovery of Exchange accounts from temporary connection problems
• Improves compatibility of VPN and web proxy solutions
• Allows use of physical keyboards to log into Safari web sheets, such as for joining a public Wi-FI network
• Fixes an issue that caused Exchange meetings with long notes to be truncated
• Fixes an issue where using the back button in Safari causes VoiceOver gestures to not respond
• Fixes an issue where VoiceOver focus becomes unreliable in draft Mail messages
• Fixes an issue where Braille Screen Input cannot be used to type text in forms on webpages
• Fixes an issue where toggling Quick Nav on a Braille Display announces that Quick Nav is off
• Fixes issue keeping app icons from being moveable on home screen when VoiceOver is enabled
• Fixes an issue in Speak Screen where speech will not start again after pausing
Other improvements and bug fixes
• Introduces a redesigned Emoji keyboard with over 300 new characters
• iCloud Photo Library has been optimized to work with the new Photos app on OS X 10.10.3 and is now out of beta
• Improves the pronunciation of street names during turn-by-turn navigation in Maps
• Includes support for Baum VarioUltra 20 and VarioUltra 40 braille displays
• Improves the display of Spotlight results when Reduce Transparency is turned on
• Adds Italic and Underline format options for iPhone 6 Plus landscape keyboard
• Adds the ability to remove shipping and billing addresses used with Apple Pay
• Additional language and country support for Siri: English (India, New Zealand), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia), Swedish (Sweden), Thai (Thailand), Turkish (Turkey)
• Additional dictation languages: Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) and Hebrew (Israel)
• Improves stability for Phone, Mail, Bluetooth connectivity, Photos, Safari tabs, Settings, Weather and Genius Playlists in Music
• Address an issue where Slide to Unlock could fail to work on certain devices
• Addresses an issue that sometimes prevented swiping to answer a phone call on the Lock screen
• Addresses an issue that prevented opening links in Safari PDFs
• Fixes an issue where selecting Clear History and Website Data in Safari Settings did not clear all data
• Fixes an issue that prevented autocorrecting “FYI”
• Addresses an issue where contextual predictions did not appear in Quick Reply
• Fixes an issue where Maps did not enter night mode from hybrid mode
• Resolves an issue that prevented initiating FaceTime calls from a browser or 3rd-party app using FaceTime URLs
• Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented photos from properly exporting to Digital Camera Image folders on Windows
• Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented an iPad backup from completing with iTunes
• Fixes an issue that could cause Podcast downloads to stall when switching from Wi-Fi to cellular networks
• Fixes an issue where remaining time on timer would sometimes incorrectly display as 00:00 on Lock screen
• Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented adjusting call volume
• Fixes an issues that caused the status bar to sometimes appear when it shouldn’t
iOS 8.3 Review:
The Apple iPhone devices have recently received the update and first of all we are going to talk about all the new features which we have founded. If there is an update there will definitely be bug fixes, but there will be new bugs too. So, without a further do let’s talking about the new features of iOS 8.3.
1. New Racially Divided Emoji:
The demand of new Emojis are finally considered by the Cupertino tech giant as the company was asked for a lot of Emojis. The update now brings about 300 new Emojis. These new Emojis show a single dark yellow face but when you press them for a long time then, you can see the new racially divided characters. Take an exclusive look below.
In the above image, you can see that there are many dark yellow hair faced people and people in relationships. So, there are more than 300 new Emojis and the company has worked very hard to differentiate in colors and they did a great job. Take a look at an another image.
This is what we were talking about. Whenever you one presses a character for a long time multiple characters with different races arrive. So, this is a great feature enabled in the keyboard which will lead to much more accuracy as well.
2. Siri with more languages:
The Siri is now supporting more languages. Now, Siri is supporting Indian English, Portugese, Dutch, Thai, Danish, Russian, Swedish, Turkish and much more The dictation has also been improved with new languages like Arabic and Hebrew. So, these languages are there in Siri now.
3. Speed and Performance Improvement:
The speed is quite improved and what we have noticed is that it is a little improved as compared to the iOS 8.2. Also, we have noticed some difference in the display color which has became more bright. This is a good sign as they are also working on the processing speed as well.
4. No Passwords for Free Apps:
The iOS 8 brought the TouchID with itself in the App Store and every application needed a touch or password for authentication and it has became time consuming and unnecessary. So, the Cupertino tech giant has introduced the new feature which now leads to the download of all new free apps without any password.
The iOS 8.3 has now removed the WiFried issue. In the earlier times, the handset either left the network or was not able to connect so these types of problem are now solved. The iOS 8.2 brought some fixes in the Bluetooth audio and the company is still working on it to bring some more improvements. The CarPlay fix has also arrived as it was very necessary. The rotation problem was here from the beginning as the handset failed to deprived the orientation lock and thus, it lead to rotation in wrong direction. So, it has also been fixed. Apple Map has also seen some fixes which lead to better performance. Improves performance and stability issues that occurred when rotating the device between portrait and landscape. Adds the ability to report junk messages directly from the Messages app. iCloud Photo Library has been optimized to work with the new Photos app on OS X 10.10.3 and is now available in beta. Fixes an issue where selecting Clear History and Website Data in Safari Settings did not clear all data. So, there are some of the fixes which we have seen in the new iOS 8.3.
The Bottom Line:
The iOS 8.3 is a very good update. The company has done a lot of hardwork and also, in the future we are going to see the iOS 8.4 as the firmware has been spotted many a times. The iOS 8.4 will bring the long awaited Apple and Beats collaborated music service. As we said earlier, every update brings bug fixes, but leads to some new bugs. Well, what we have heard is that many people are complaining about the TouchID failure. The TouchID is not recognizing their fingerprints.
The TouchID problem is not faced by us but still, many users are complaining. So, we can see the iOS 8.3.1 patch in the coming days. Also, a lot of people are still facing the WiFried problem. So, overall it is a good update but still the company is working on and the iOS 8.4 update is just around the corner. The iOS 8.4 update will be released in May. So, we think that the users should update to the latest software as it brings a lot of security too. So, go ahead and get the update now.